Academic Integrity Specialist
Title Code: Graduate Student Researcher 3266
International Student Excellence Programs (ISEP) is hiring a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) to assist with the development and implementation of culturally relevant academic integrity programming for international undergraduate students. The ISEP office houses three programs: International Peer Group, Global Scholars, and Intercultural Citizenship. This individual will work closely with the ISEP professional staff as well as student employees and program participants to integrate academic integrity programming throughout each of our programs. They will help educate our campus about the meaning and importance of academic integrity by leading the creation of interactive on-line games, workshops, contests, and other activities meant to engage students in a dialogue about why academic integrity is important and consequences for dishonest behavior. The A.I. Specialist will also monitor and moderate all on-going academic integrity-related contests and online dialogues. In addition, this individual will generate program evaluation outcomes and measures to collect data related to all academic integrity programming. They will provide a moderate level of qualitative and quantitative analysis of all data and generate a final report documenting program outcomes.
- Research and implement best practices related to providing culturally relevant academic integrity programming.
- Work closely with professional and student staff to develop and implement 6-8 activities per quarter related to academic integrity. These include interactive on-line games, workshops, contests, and other activities meant to engage students in a dialogue about academic integrity.
- Monitor and moderate all on-going academic integrity-related contests and online dialogues.
- Generate realistic and relevant evaluation outcomes appropriate for academic integrity programming.
- Identify and utilize appropriate data collection measures related to all academic integrity programming.
- Engage in qualitative and quantitative analysis of data associated with academic integrity program outcomes.
- Develop a final report detailing program activities, measures, and outcomes.
- Full-time enrolled graduate student
- Must not have a current GSR appointment of more than 30%
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 during each of 3 most recent quarters of enrollment
- Earned grades of C, S or above in all completed courses
- No more than 2 Incomplete (I) grades in any classes
- Expertise working with international undergraduate students.
- Background or interest in undergraduate education – preferably with a focus on international undergraduates.
- Computer coding abilities and the ability to develop and implement interactive online programming to engage international students in dialogue around issues of academic integrity.
- Familiarity with academic integrity research and best practices.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to attend all scheduled programming.
- 20% GSR appointment
- Pay: GSR will be paid at Sept II of GSR pay scale: $19.59 / hour
- Hours: 8 hours of work / week. Flexible schedule for completion of on-line and in-person duties.
- Possibility for extended employment based on funding
- Please send resume and cover letter to Zahra Ahmed, Director International Student Excellence Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due date: Saturday December 24, 2016
- Appointment begins Week 1 of Winter 2017 quarter and lasts through Summer 2017
- Learn more about International Student Excellence Programs at our website: due.uci.edu