International Student Excellence Programs (ISEP) is now hiring three Program Leads for the 2017-2018 academic year!
The Program Lead plays a key role in planning and implementing programming within ISEP’s three different programs: Global Scholars, Intercultural Citizenship, and the International Peer Group.
The Program Lead will:
- Collaborate with ISEP administrative staff to create quarterly event calendars for ISEP.
- Coordinate the planning and logistics for events and activities, including volunteer projects, program events, and other activities on and off campus.
- Provide administrative support for all programs and activities associated with the ISEP Office.
- Help build relationships with campus and community organizations.
- Recruit student volunteers and help sustain their engagement with the ISEP Office. Maintain a volunteer database for all events and provide all volunteers with regular event updates.
- Perform various clerical duties like filing, copying, running errands, answering the phone, and assisting students.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above responsibilities, one Program Lead will be hired for each of ISEP’s three programs and will have the following duties:
Global Scholars Program Lead
- Manage school-specific and other academic resources for ISEP participants.
- Assist in coordinating the ISEP Peer Learning (tutoring) program, including logistics for peer learning services, tutor sign-ups, training, and assessment
Intercultural Citizenship Program Lead
- Assist Director in coordinating service opportunities with on- and off-campus organizations
- Coordinate Friends of ISEP – a group of ISEP alumni and others seeking to stay involved with the program
- Plan and assist in facilitating biweekly dialogues on current events and diversity issues
International Peer Group Program Lead
- Assist Program Coordinator in coordinating the Mentee Committee
- Assist Program Coordinator in creating the weekly staff meeting syllabus
- Serve as a resource for IPG Mentors in planning Mentor Family Activities and check-in sessions
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Be a current full-time UCI undergraduate student
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute events in collaboration with community partners and campus units
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, WordPress, and Canva
- Excellent skills in: writing, interpersonal communication, and public speaking
- $11.25 per hour at 10 hours per week
The tentative start date for this position is Monday, August 28. If hired, you will be required to attend the following events:
- Paid staff training: Sept. 11-15, 9:00 – 5:00 pm
- International Student Orientation: Sept. 18-22, hours TBD – evening hours required
- Welcome Week: Sept. 25-27, hours TBD
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to Bianca Angeles, ISEP Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate which program you are interested in: Global Scholars, Intercultural Citizenship, or International Peer Group.
Select applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applications are due on Monday, July 31st at 5:00 pm.