What is LARC sponsorship?
International Student Excellence Programs (ISEP) offers a limited number of sponsorships each quarter for students to participate in tutorial courses hosted by the Learning & Academic Resource Center (LARC) at UCI. If students apply for ISEP’s LARC sponsorship and fulfill specific criteria, ISEP will pay for the tutorial course costs. Sponsorship is open to:
- international first-year students who are part of our IPG Scholars Program
- international upper-class students who are part of our Global Leaders Program
LARC tutorial courses
- are led by high-performing student LARC tutorial leaders.
- have a main learning goal and tutors check your mastery of the goal at the end of each meeting.
- include a quiz, midterm, and final review.
- contain content directly connected to UCI classes.
- are 50-minutes in length, and occur twice weekly during the academic year. They will be conducted in-person during the 2021-2022 academic year.
LARC’s Fall Quarter schedule: https://enroll.larc.uci.edu/
Read before you apply for sponsorship
Students must first apply and be approved to receive ISEP’s LARC sponsorship.
- Students may select one LARC tutorial subject per quarter. The LARC courses should match UCI classes that students are enrolled in for the quarter.
- Sponsorship recipients must attend at least 10 LARC sessions during the quarter to have ISEP pay for the LARC fees. If recipients attend 10 LARC sessions, all costs will be covered by ISEP when LARC billing occurs at the end of the quarter.
- DROP FEES: If students decide to withdraw from their LARC course, they must do so using LARC’s enrollment system by 11:59 pm on the Saturday of Week 1. If students drop by that date and time, the drop fee is $25.If students wait to drop LARC courses after the Saturday of Week 1, they will be responsible for the full $125 course fee.Students are responsible for paying all LARC drop fees. ISEP does not pay for drop fees.
- LARC has strict rules about enrolling in and attending their tutoring sessions. Please read the rules carefully so you won’t get charged fees: http://www.larc.uci.edu/students/fees/
How to apply
- LARC applications for sponsorship are now open: https://scout.eee.uci.edu/s/LARC_Fall2021
- Your application will be reviewed by ISEP. You will then receive an email from ISEP about your sponsorship status.
- LARC tutorials begin on Wednesday & Thursday of Week 1.
- LARC sponsorship apps will close at the end of Week 5.
LARC After Dark (FREE drop-in services)
LARC is proud to offer a drop-in service called LARC After Dark. This drop-in assistance is FREE and available Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 6-8 pm (PDT/PST) both in-person and online. Click here to access LARC After Dark on Zoom.
- Bio 93, 94, 97-99, D103, E109
- Gen Chem & Organic Chem
- Math 2A-2D
- Physics 3 series & 7 series