International Peer Group Scholars Program (IPG) is a year-long (Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters) peer mentoring program specifically designed for first-year international students.
- Academic and Career Planning Support
- Professional Guidance
- Social Support
- School-wide recognition
- Team building
Benefits of being an IPG Scholar
Benefits include being matched with an IPG Mentor who will
- connect you with campus resources.
- answer your questions about UCI, student life, and the community.
- meet with you individually and in a small group.
- attend on-campus appointments with you.
- invite you to fun and useful IPG and UCI events.
Additionally, as an IPG Scholar, you
- have access to ISEP’s Program Director as a personal guide to help you grow, academically succeed, and achieve your goals.
- have access to academic and personal development workshops hosted by Student Success Initiatives (SSI) and International Student Excellence Programs (ISEP).
- are eligible to receive LARC tutoring sponsorships.
- are eligible to receive the Dean’s Certificate of Recognition award upon completion of IPG.
More information on IPG
Please review IPG mentee agreements here. IPG will then email you a confirmation about joining our program along with contact information for your IPG Mentor in mid-September before the start of the Fall quarter. Your IPG Mentor will then be responsible for contacting you after the confirmation has been sent.
Ready to join IPG?
To join our program, please complete the IPG mentee application below. *Be sure to use your UCInetID to complete the form.
If you have any other questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are pleased to have you join IPG, your global family at UCI!